Saturday, January 30, 2010

Music Piracy Funnies

Thanks to John at Hoi Polloi Skazine for directing me to this hilarious parody about people who engage in music piracy (from the Stuff White People Like blog). It's funny as hell, but not because it's so outrageous and far-fetched. You know dozens of people like this (aka "expert level white people") and heard these exact same arguments! Laugh, so you don't cry!

The photo of John Cusak from "High Fidelity" (he wears the classic Steve Hex NYC SKA t-shirt in this movie, right?) looks a little like me back in late 80s/early 90s, when I wore my hair longer (okay, I'm nowhere as good looking as he is, but if I showed you a picture from that time you'd see the resemblance, dude!). And look at all that vinyl! Hmmm...vinyl....(drool, slobber, Homer Simpson food/beer lust noises)...

2 comments:

Kames Jelly said...

If you let them continue talking to you they are likely to spend hours talking to you about bands you’ve never heard of and providing you with a weekly mix CD of rarities that you do not want.

I totally know that guy...

Steve from Moon said...

We know all of these people!