Sunday, February 8, 2009

English Beat & Bad Manners NYC Show Review


I couldn't make The English Beat/Bad Manners gig at Irving Plaza on February 6th, but Bryan Kremkau from ReadJunk was the man on the scene. Read his review here and make sure to check out his amazing pix from the night...

BTW, Fatty recently had some sort of gastric surgery where they stapled or removed some of his stomach so he could slim down and avoid an early death (he just turned 50!). He really does look terrific, don't you think? God bless that fat bastard!

(Thanks to Bryan for letting me borrow the photo.)

4 comments:

the people downstairs said...

Hi Steve. It was an excellent show! I'm surprised to hear you weren't there!

Steve from Moon said...

Ray:

I know, I suck. But, I there was a family event that I had to be at...

I'm glad to hear from everyone that it was an awesome show.

Let me know the next time you're going to a ska gig!

Steve X

ReadJunk said...

My only complaint was that Bad Manners should have headlined. and I mean no disrespect to Dave Wakeling and the Beat. Bad Manners were just more lively I guess.

When's the next good ska show? haha. Toasters are playing but I don't think with anyone I want to see. I saw Edna's Goldfish is playing Bamboozle but not sure if any other shows. Maybe the specials will be touring the summer.

the people downstairs said...

The English Beat played all of their classics including 2 General Public songs such as Tenderness. Very fun to catch Bad Manners who naturally played an energetic and lively set. Buster Bloodvessel was exactly how you expect him to be on stage, a great front man and performer.