Wednesday, February 9, 2011

New Vinyl EP from King Hammond: Mr. DJ!

Ever since I've been doing the odd DJ gig (as DJ Duff Guide, natch), I've been compulsively tracking down both old and new ska and reggae 7" singles to spin (and my collection has exploded as of late!). So you know I'm psyched at the prospect of a new vinyl release from one of my fave (and fantastically workaholic) artists, the undeniable master of skinhead reggae, King Hammond!

Later this month, King Hammond is releasing a new four-track, 7" vinyl EP titled Mr. DJ, which features the new title track, plus "Bongo Ska Fever," "The Loop (Mayfair'68 Mix)," and "Dub Movement #1." This EP can be ordered directly from King Hammond here.

For a preview of all the cuts on this extended player, catch the video below (which features awesomely campy images from yesteryear!):



+ + + +

On a related note, The Duff Guide to Ska has reviewed King Hammond's The King and I album (read the review here) and Riot in London Town EP (read the review here)--and we'll have the write-up of his most recent album, Jacuzzi, up on this here blog shortly (I promise!).

No comments: