Wednesday, April 6, 2011

NYC Ska Gig Alert: The Forthrights and The Pinstripes This Thursday Nite (4/7/11)!

Urgh. I'm not going to be able to make this FREE show featuring The Forthrights and Cincinnati, OH's Pinstripes as my duties as Mr. Mom take precedence. So it goes. If you're going, enjoy it for me.

Here are the details:

Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Forthrights
The Pinstripes

Otto's Shrunken Head
538 East 14th Street (between Avenues A and B)
Alphabet City in Manhattan!

9:00 pm
Free
21+

+ + + +

The Pinstripes will also be playing Two Boots in Brooklyn on Friday, April 8, 2011 at 10:00 pm. This show is free, but do yourself a favor and buy a slice or two.

I really dig this flyer in support of the band's New York State gigs...(nice job!):


The text forms an image of the state, get it?

+ + + +

The Forthrights head out on the Ska is Dead Young Guns 2011 tour next week! Go out and see them, America!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Duff.
It's Viktor writing. First of all, I wanna thank you. It's always great pleasure to see that new york ska stage is full. And secondly, I need your help. It's my second month in NYC. I came from Ukraine and from that time I'm looking with passion for any signs of new york ska or traditional skinheads crews, for some live or vinyls partys. Where can I get information about that.
By the way, for any case my e-mail is fastr@ukr.net

Steve from Moon said...

Thanks, Viktor. Keep checking here for info about NYC ska shows--and you should also go on Facebook and become friends with some of the bands and ska promoters in the area like: The Hard Times, The Forthrights, The Rudie Crew, The Hub City Stompers, Bigger Thomas, The Bluebeats, Crazy Baldhead/Agent Jay, Rudies Don't Care, King Django, Version City, etc.