Friday, December 17, 2010

A Decade Without Moon

Thanks to John at Hoi Polloi Skazine for pointing out today's significance in the ska world. It's been 10 long years since Bucket sent out this terrible news.

The US ska scene still hasn't yet recovered from this body blow. (Will it ever?)

+ + + +

On a related, and decidedly happier note, check out Kames Jelly's New Jersey Noise blog for a look back at some of Moon Records' early singles...

+ + + +

And to cheer you up, check out the HP Ska "Rudy Christmas" holiday playlist!

5 comments:

Adam Coozer said...

10 years.. damn I'm old.

Kames Jelly said...

Thanks for the shout out Steve. And thanks for reading my blog. I'll hopefully have another post up about the next 5 Moon releases in a week or two.

Steve from Moon said...

Adam: Damn, I'm even older!

KJ: Cool! Can't wait to read the next installment...

Anonymous said...

wow. ten years. I remember the store closing, I remember having the distinction of being the last customer at the store.

my friend that night called me and reminded me it was moon's last day, we ran out there right before close spent an hour there rifling through the boxes in the back and filling up a couple of duffel bags worth of stuff. I still have a stack of moon bumper stickers in my drawer, and we still have those green dickies moon work jackets.

I still have pics of us drinking dragon stout and going through stuff that night sitting on my old angelfire account. When I get home hopefully I can remember my old login information for that account and I'll post the pics.

Anonymous said...

wow, getting stuff off of something as archaic as a ten year old angelfire was far too much work than it should've been. anywho, here's some pics if anybody is actually interested

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22343983@N07/sets/72157625516494283/