Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year's, Y'all!

From the Guardian (UK):

Q: "What's your favourite New Year's Eve song?"

Asked of Gaz Mayall, DJ, Gaz's Rockin' Blues (appearing at the Tabernacle, London on New Year's Eve)...

"Aulde Lang Syne," The Trojans
"We recorded it in 1994 because I thought if the day comes when I'm not playing with my band [British ska outfit the Trojans] I need to have that one up my sleeve. I can't imagine Hogmanay without bagpipes. It starts slow and I like to stop the music when I play it and then everyone sings along – it's completely chaotic and nuts."

2 comments:

Kames Jelly said...

I don't mean to speak ill of Gaz Mayall, but isn't it a little tacky to pick your own song as your "favorite" anything?

Steve from Moon said...

Perhaps, but for some reason I love Gaz all the more for it!